American Rescue Plan
The American Rescue Plan was signed into law by President Joe Biden on February 11, 2021. To find out what resources are going to New Mexico, click HERE.
Key relief measures for New Mexicans include:
- Provide direct payments of $1,400 to eligible New Mexicans.
- Mount a national vaccination program.
- Scale up testing to stop the spread of COVID, safely reopen schools, and protect at-risk populations.
- Deliver immediate relief to working families bearing the brunt of this crisis.
- Support state and local governments and Tribal communities that are struggling in the wake of COVID-19.
- Provide emergency paid leave and extend unemployment benefits.
If you are a worker impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, click HERE.
Resources for New Mexicans
The State of New Mexico launched a COVID-19 resource website with the latest news and updates, COVID-19 case numbers, and resources for New Mexicans: NewMexico.gov.
For the latest updates on COVID-19 testing, vaccines, and travel restrictions, visit the New Mexico Department of Health’s COVID-19 website.
The New Mexico Crisis and Access Line is providing assistance to New Mexicans facing an emotional crisis, mental health or substance abuse concern. Please visit nmcrisisline.com or call 1-855-NMCRISIS (662-7474).
To register for the COVID-19 vaccine, visit vaccinenm.org. The New Mexico Department of Health will contact you once your vaccine is available.
New Mexico COVID-19 Hotlines:
- 1-855-600-3453 (Health Hotline – for those who feel ill or have questions about their health)
- 1-833-551-0518 (General Information Hotline – for those who have non-health questions about resources)
- 1-800-432-2080 (Hotline for Seniors Citizens – for eligible senior citizens who need assistance with meal or grocery delivery)
- 1-928-871-6868 (Hotline for Seniors Living on the Navajo Nation)
Resources for Small Businesses
Paycheck Protection Program – An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans – This loan provides economic relief to small businesses and nonprofit organizations that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.